Fiction Adaptation: "Being British" by Deanna Rodger
I have chosen to adapt the poem " Being British " by Deanna Rodger. From my understanding of the poem, it is about the challenges she has faced regarding interracial stereotyping and the struggle to be accepted as a British Citizen of natural birth. Deanna is a spoken word poet and an international performer. She has had achievements such as being awarded " Elle's " UK " 30 inspirational women under 30 " as well as The Female Lead 's " 20intheir20s " and Cosmopolitan's " No.1 trailblazing woman ". She is also a well known poetry grand slam champion and does in fact host her own poetry competitions such as; Chill Pill and Come Rhyme with me. Deanna lends out her poetry for educational purposes and evidence of this is seen on her website: https://deannarodger.co.uk/deanna-biography/ I have chosen to adapt "Being British " because I think it will give me a challenge to create a realistic drama out of Dea...


Comments
Post a Comment